Monday, April 23, 2012

Bluebirds

Lately, I am seeing cookie ideas in everything, including a lady in Sunday School yesterday who had an awesome dragonfly on her shirt.  Let's just say I am easily distracted.  Alas, I didn't take a picture of the shirt (It was my first time in that class or I might have asked.) and have already forgotten it.

   I did get this blue bird theme done.  I found the bluebird idea here but the nest and birdhouse, I got from a piece of scrapbook paper.  
Most of my designs start like this.  I had the tree figured out but I could not find a suitable nest.
Doesn't the tree look sad without a nest?
Very cute idea but not for this design. 
The coconut was too real for the whimsical cookie and the eggs, well, they lacked cuteness.  I was beginning the think my little blue bird wouldn't be able to produce eggs.  Finally, I just piped some eggs on wax paper and hoped they'd speak to me while I finished up the other cookies.  After they had dried for about an hour, I took a chance and squiggled out a little icing nest and dropped them in.

I was very pleased with the results!

So was the blue bird!

Sanding sugar is something I don't use too much but it was a great addition to these simple flowers!

I love it when my ideas actually work!  I don't post the failures but there are quite a few!
 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are sooooo cute!

Georganne (LilaLoa) said...

These are REALLY cute cookies!! The nest is absolutely perfect and I LOVE the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Girl --you have talent

Post a Comment

Blog Design by

 
Premade Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio